So your presentation runs longer than planned? What does this say about you?
- You did in fact not plan, not enough at least, or if you did plan but then you did not practice.
- You think you are more important than your audience and don’t care for their time.
- You have no respect for the organizers of the event.
- You don’t care for the other presenters, you just think of yourself.
- You don’t actually know which part of your message is really important (maybe because you don’t know what your message is?)
Can you think of times when it is fine to talk longer than scheduled?